Dr David Jukes, The University of
| ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Food Law News - FAO / WHO / WTO / Codex - 2015
Codex Meeting Report, 5- 9 October 2015
CODEX – Codex Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (19th Session)
The full report is available at: Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: 19th Session
The 19th Session of the Codex Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetables reached the following conclusions:
MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION BY THE 39TH SESSION OF THE CODEX ALIMENTARIUS COMMISSION
Adoption of proposed draft standards
The Committee agreed to forward the proposed draft Standard for Aubergines for adoption at Step 5/8 (with omission of Step 6/7) (para 51 and Appendix III) and the proposed draft Standards for Garlic and Kiwifruit for adoption at Step 5 (paras 70, 76 and Appendices IV and V respectively).
Approval of new work
The Committee agreed to request the Commission approval of new work on a standards for fresh date (para 96).
Other matters for action by the Commission
The Committee provided replies regarding the status of implementation of selected activities of the Codex Strategic Plan (2014-2019) relevant to its work (para 14 and Appendix II).
Other matters of interest to the Commission
- noted matters arising from the Commission relevant to its work including replies for the monitoring of the implementation of the Codex Strategic Plan 2014-2019; agreed to replace the distribution of UNECE standards on the Agenda with a link to the UNECE website and to inform of this decision to the Executive Committee; and noted the outputs and ongoing work on fruits and vegetables in other relevant organisations active in the area of standardisation of fruits and vegetables (paras 14, 22, 16-18);
- returned the standard for ware potato to Step 3 for further work, comments and consideration by the next session of the Committee (para 83 and Appendix VI);
- agreed to continue requesting comments on proposals for new work for consideration at its next session and that the proposals for new work on shallots and yams would be considered as prioritised work by the Committee subject to re-submission of revised project documents in reply to CL 2015/29-FFV (para 96);
- agreed to most of the sections of Layout for Codex standards for fresh fruits and vegetables and that the few outstanding issues in the Layout would be finalised at its next session (paras 100-101 and Appendix X);
- agreed to develop a glossary of terms applied in the Layout for Codex standards for fresh fruits and vegetables as an Annex to the Layout (paras 102-103).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.