Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2011
Codex Report (REP 11/MAS), 7 – 11 March 2011
CODEX - Report of the 32nd Session of the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling, Budapest, Hungary
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
The summary and conclusions of the 32nd Session of the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling are as follows:
Matters for decision by the 34th Session of the Commission:
- Advanced to Step 8 the Draft Revised Guidelines on Measurement Uncertainty;
- Endorsed or updated the status of several methods of analysis in Codex standards, including proposed methods of analysis for natural mineral waters
- Agreed to propose new work on principles for the use of sampling and testing in international food trade; and
- Agreed to propose new work on provisions on proprietary methods in Codex standards to be included in the Codex Procedural Manual.
Matters referred to other Codex Committees
- Noted that it would be helpful for the Secretariat of the Committee on Sugars to contact the relevant international organisations to collect information on methods of analysis for honey; and
- Requested the Committee on Fats and Oils (CCFO) to consider the determination of relative and apparent density in relevant standards and the determination of erythrodiol+uvaol in olive oils.
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.