Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2010
5-8 October 2010
CODEX – 27th Session of the FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Europe, Warsaw, Poland
The summary and conclusions of the 27th Session of the FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Europe are as follows:
Matters for consideration by the Commission:
- agreed to nominate Poland for appointment as Regional Coordinator by the 34h Session of the Commission (para. 95);
- agreed to propose new work on the revision of the Regional Standard for Fresh Fungus “Chanterelle”(para. 39, Appendix II) and on a Regional Standard for ayran (para. 100, Appendix III).
Other matters of interest to the Commission:
- considered Activities 4.5 and 5.5 of the Strategic Plan (paras. 8-9) and the preparation of the Strategic Plan 2013-2018 (paras. 10-13);
- considered the following issues referred by the Commission: private standards (paras. 14-23); processed cheese (paras. 24-25); development of guidelines for traceability/product tracing (paras. 26-27); options for physical working groups (paras. 28-33);
- expressed its views on the Codex Trust Fund Mid-Term Review (paras. 52-61);
- exchanged updated information on national food control systems, food legislation, consumer participation, and Codex structures, as well as the use of Codex standards (paras. 62-79);
- exchanged information on nutrition issues in the region (paras. 80-93).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.