Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2010
22 - 26 November 2010
CODEX – 17th Session of the FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Asia, Bali, Indonesia
The Seventeenth Session of the Codex Coordinating Committee for Asia reached the following conclusions:
Matters for consideration by the 34th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission
Draft and Proposed Draft Standards and Related Texts for adoption at Step 8 and Steps 5/8 of the Procedure
The Coordinating Committee forwarded:
- Draft Regional Standard for Edible Sago Flour for adoption at Step 8 (para. 47 and Appendix II);
- Proposed Draft Regional Standard for Chilli Sauce for adoption at Steps 5/8 (para. 76 and Appendix III)
Other matters for approval
The Coordinating Committee agreed:
- To nominate Japan for appointment as Regional Coordinator (para. 129);
- To include a provision for a food additive in the Regional Standard for Fermented Soybean Paste (CODEX STAN 298R-2009) (para. 10);
- To forward proposals for new work on a Regional Standard for tempe (para. 102 and Appendix IV) and a Regional Standard for Durian (para. 142 and Appendix V).
Other matters for information
The Coordinating Committee:
- Agreed to return the Proposed Draft Standard for Non-Fermented Soybean Products to Step 2 for further comments and consideration at its next session (para. 69) and further revise discussion paper on new work for Regional Standards for Yuza (para. 145) and for Edible Crickets and Their Products (para. 145);
- Considered Activities 4.5 and 5.5 of the Strategic Plan 2008 – 2013 (paras 23 – 25) and the preparation of the Strategic Plan 2013 – 2018 (paras 26 – 34);
- Considered the following issues referred by the Commission: private standards (paras 11 – 17); processed cheese (paras 18 – 19); development of guidelines for traceability/products tracing (paras 20 – 22); and options for physical working groups (paras 35 – 38);
- Expressed its views on the Codex Trust Fund Mid-Term Review (paras 116 – 123);
- Exchanged updated information on the status of implementation of the Strategic Plan for CCASIA, including information on national food control systems and consumer participation in food standard setting, use of Codex standards at national and regional level (paras 77 – 89);
- Exchanged information on issues relevant to the region (paras 90 – 96) and nutritional issues within the region (paras 124 – 128).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.