Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2009
Codex Report (ALINORM 09/32/23), 9 - 13 March 2009
CODEX – Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling (30 th Session), Balatonalmádi, Hungary
The summary and conclusions of the 30th Session of the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling are as follows:
Matters for adoption by the 32nd Session of the Commission:
- advanced to Step 8 the Draft Guidelines for Settling Disputes on Analytical (Test) Results (para. 25, Appendix II);
- advanced to Step 8 the Draft Guidelines on Analytical Terminology (para. 43, Appendix III)
- endorsed or updated the status of several methods of analysis in Codex standards (paras. 46-82, Appendix IV);
- agreed to propose an amendment to the Working Instructions for the Implementation of the Criteria Approach in Codex in the Procedural Manual (para. 92, Appendix V)
- agreed to propose a consequential amendment on terminology to the General Criteria for the Selection of Methods of Analysis (para. 44, Appendix VI);
- agreed to discontinue work on the Draft Guidelines for Evaluating Acceptable Methods of Analysis (para.18).
Other Matters of Interest to the Commission
- agreed to return to Step 2/3 the Proposed Draft Guidelines on Criteria for Methods for the Detection and Identification of Foods Derived from Biotechnology (para. 108);
- agreed to return to Step 2/3 the Proposed Draft Revised Guidelines on Measurement Uncertainty (para. 121);
- agreed to consider further at its next session guidance on uncertainty of sampling (para. 108); and the methods of analysis for natural mineral waters (para. 8).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.